Disclaimer of implied warranty
- No sale of goods, governed by the provisions of this chapter, on an “as is” or “with all faults” basis, shall be effective to disclaim the implied warranty of merchantability or, where applicable, the implied warranty of fitness, unless a conspicuous writing is attached to the goods which clearly informs the buyer, prior to the sale, in simple and concise language of each of the following:
- The goods are being sold on an “as is” or “with all faults” basis.
- The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the goods is with the buyer.
- Should the goods prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor, or retailer assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.
- In the event of sale of consumer goods by means of a mail order catalog, the catalog offering such goods shall contain the required writing as to each item so offered in lieu of the requirement of notification prior to the sale.