Warranty buyback notice
- The notice required in subdivisions (d) and (e) of Section 1793.23 shall be prepared by the manufacturer of the reacquired vehicle and shall disclose all of the following:
- Year, make, model, and vehicle identification number of the vehicle.
- Whether the title to the vehicle has been inscribed with the notation “Lemon Law Buyback.”
- The nature of each nonconformity reported by the original buyer or lessee of the vehicle.
- Repairs, if any, made to the vehicle in an attempt to correct each nonconformity reported by the original buyer or lessee.
- The notice shall be on a form 8½ × 11 inches in size and printed in no smaller than 10-point black type on a white background.
The form shall only contain the following information prior to it being filled out by the manufacturer:
- The manufacturer shall provide an executed copy of the notice to the manufacturer’s transferee. Each transferee, including a dealer, to whom the motor vehicle is transferred prior to its sale to a retail buyer or lessee shall be provided an executed copy of the notice by the previous transferor